PDFCreator -- Print a PDF from Any Windows Program
RandallS - Tue, 2009-11-10 11:32
PDF files have become a standard way to send formatted documents that you do not want the recipient to be able to change. Unfortunately, the Adobe Acrobat, the commercial software designed to create PDF files is priced for businesses and individuals who have money to burn. Acrobat also has many features that post people will never use. Fortunately, there are many programs, including a good select of free programs, that will create PDF files without Acrobat. PDFCreator is one of the best of the free PDF creation programs.
PDFCreator is easy to us. You just select it as your printer in any Windows program that allows you to print and your document is converted to a PDF file and saved on your hard drive. PDFCreator has the following features:
* Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
* Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
* New: Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
* New: Create PDF/A files for long term archives
* Send generated files via eMail
* Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
* AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
* Merge multiple files into one PDF
* Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
* Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
PDFCreator is open source, released under the GNU General Public License. For most users, it will handle all the PDF creation tasks needed without the expense or complexity of Adobe Acrobat.
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
License: GNU GPL
Web Site: http://en.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator